Nowadays, it is possible to get instant access to an online therapist either with a click of a mouse or the tap of an app. This is the extent of success achieved by the psychotherapists who have always strived hard to take the therapist’s office into whichever location that is connected via the internet. It can be rather convenient for most people who are comfortable to use the internet and watch out for help.
Hey, but before you choose the sites like e-counseling.com and sign up, only to begin chatting with them, there are few things you should know about telepsychology. Here are few things you should take into consideration.
Why do people prefer e-counseling over traditional counseling?
Here are few things which online counseling promises:
- Convenience: Online therapy takes very less time away from your workplace or worry about traffic. You don’t need to travel through long distances to meet with psychologist.
- Less costly: There are some apps which will promote their price which offers unlimited use for a monthly fee. The online session will seem lower than face-to-face visits. You should know more on health insurance and psychotherapy.
- More comfortable: Online communication is comfortable for most young adults who often use technology. More are using webinars, email and text messaging to communicate and hence this is one of the best ways to seek online therapy help.
What should you think before choosing web-based therapy?
In spite of the possible benefits, there are few who caution about web therapy as this is not the best option for everyone. Here are few things you should ask yourself:
- Is it the best tool for you?
The research hasn’t shown that the therapy online is effective for all in all kinds of situations. There are some sites which promote that they offer therapy but these claims can often be false and misleading.
- Does the therapist have a license?
Licensing will protect you and when you see that the psychotherapist and the therapist are not protected, this will mean that the claim might appear as the therapy. Licensure laws will safeguard you by making sure you hire someone who are qualified and trained to receive a license.
- How will you pay for receiving their service?
There are many insurance companies which cover the treatment of mental health and other disorders related to substance abuse. But online therapy is usually not covered or reimbursable by majority of the insurance providers.
Therefore, if you’re someone who is wondering about the reasons behind choosing online therapy over traditional therapy, you should take into account the above mentioned points.